1. I can’t concentrate on writing when my hands are dry. So I always have a bottle of lotion within reach. Sometimes when I’m thinking, I reach out for some lotion and rub it on my hands.
2. I can’t start writing without a cup of coffee. It’s a bad habit, especially since the coffee dispenser in the office has an ultra-sweet mix, and most days I end up having three.
3. I need to brush my teeth before writing. It’s strange, but I just like the idea.
4. At home, I need to take a shower before I write. I think being fresh gives my mind a fresh outlook as well.
5. I need to tie my hair back. I’m such an obsessive-compulsive writer, that I can’t concentrate when my hair is down.
Do you have any peculiar writing habits?