Do You Work in Your Pajamas?
I was reading a newsletter from this up-and-coming freelance marketplace and the testimonial of a contractor caught my eye. When asked what the best thing about working from home was, she said, “Right now, I’m in my pajamas.”
I don’t know what it is with some people that they get such a kick from working in their pajamas!
I have 5 reasons why I would never work in my pajamas:
- Dressing up for work mentally prepares me for the day’s challenges.
- If you’re like me and your home office is in a corner of your bedroom, it can be difficult to fight the urge to jump into bed especially when you’re dressed for the occasion.
- I want to be dressed decently if I happen to have an impromptu video call with a prospect or a client.
- If you’re home-based, the only time you actually get dressed is when you get out of the house. And tell me, how many times would that be in a week?
- Do you really want to be in pajamas all day? Seriously?
Whether you’re working from home or in a corporate setting, I really think you should be dressed appropriately. It’s also for your own good. Remember what they say: Dress for the job you want.
Image: Thanks, Prototype7